After a week with my beloved Blue Nokia...
This post follows From a Smartphone to a Brick. Here are my thoughts about the week with my Nokia:
1. I know now where I used to get time to read: before I go to bed at night. These days I chat until my eyes eventually close.
2. I learnt to enjoy the quiet moments because I didn’t always have music around me.
3. I realised how often I pick up my phone when I’m bored without thinking.
4. Going on Facebook became something to look forward to, instead of a habit.
5. Communicating with the Nokia took a lot of airtime! (No mxit, whatsapp and Gtalk)
6. I only had to charge my phone ONCE this week.
7. A message came up saying my inbox is full. How many messages was in my inbox? FIVE.
8. I realised SNAKE2 was the best cell phone game ever created. It is legendary.
It wasn’t easy but I enjoyed it. I will definitely appreciate my phone and technology a lot more now. If I can get to a point where I can appreciate technology and use it only when necessary and not let it waste my time and make me lazy, I will be happy.
"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." -Gertrude Stein