A Tribute to Mother Nature

Today i went for a walk up to the koppie behind the house. As i stood there the wind blew so hard it nearly knocked my off my feet. I realised how weak we are against the forces of nature. How mother nature could change a life in a blink of an eye. How she has the power to destroy and at the same time she brings joy in its purest form.

Looking up, i saw an eagle. Wings spread wide. Soaring on the wind as if it was invincible and nothing could touch it. It used the wind - the same wind that nearly blew me over - to spread its wings and fly. Incredible.

I found my grandmother's diary from 1951, and in it she quoted William Blake:
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way. Some see nature all ridicule and deformity... and some scarce see nature at all. But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself.
-William Blake

 

Comments