Faith

Now that I'm home everyday and not just 3 days a week, i realize i have not been so in touch with what has been happening here. Its been tough. To get down to the point: The development of our farm and our life in general is being held back by the land-claim. It has been going on for years now and honestly I'm gatvol (there's no better word to describe what I'm feeling).

When i spoke to my dad this morning we agreed on the fact that even though we don't know when and how the land-claim will be settled, and even though we don't have the money to further this farm, we have to start planning and living as if we do. Faith is a word that i believe is used way to often. But I said that i think this is what faith is... Not waiting for money to do something, but waiting for God to do something. Its so natural to look for money and worldly things, and then to measure our success to what we own, but there's a much deeper source of success.

My word are failing me, so here is the essence of what I'm trying - so desperately - to say:
   
Habakuk 3:17-18 
 
Al sou die vyeboom nie bot nie en daar geen druiwe aan die wingerde wees nie, al sou die olyfoes misluk en die lande geen oes lewer nie, al sou daar geen kleinvee in die kampe meer wees nie en die beeskrale sonder beeste wees, nogtans sal ek in die Here jubel, sal ek juig in God, my Redder. Die Here my God gee vir my krag. Hy maak my voete soos dié van 'n ribbok, op hoë plekke laat Hy my veilig loop.

English:
Though the fig tree does not bud  and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen  and no cattle in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,  I will be joyful in God my Savior.

Comments

  1. I so hear you...praying for you guys...and for your own journey in the midst of this....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment