Concluding twenty-fourteen


Concluding twenty-fourteen

I will write this in English, because I want all my dear friends and family from all over to be able to read this. I have been speaking mostly Afrikaans for the last few months, and I have become more and more fond of reading Afrikaans literature, therefore my English has become rusty. Sorry 'bout that.

As every year comes to an end, I like to write myself a summary of what I experienced during that year. I guess it helps me build a foundation, so that I know what I’m building on the following year. I don’t know if I’m ready to write a summary because this year does not have a nutshell version.   But twenty-fourteen is by far the most exciting year of my life and I feel it deserves a proper ‘conclusion’.

This year started with me planting Zinnias in the garden and ended with me harvesting Proteas from the farm. This was the year of falling even more in love with the Creator and His creation. In this year I have covered more kilometers than ever before. Distance has become relative to the size of my world. And while my world was busy expanding I have had the privilege of learning more than I feel my mind is capable of processing. I have developed new interests and have grown into them with time. My wildest dreams of twenty-thirteen (last year) are no match for the reality of my life right now.  Which brings me back to our Creator – Unto him all the glory.

 I don’t often write motivational stuff – but I really want to share this with you. Our God really wants to make all our dreams come true. He made all of mine come true. Even the small dreams that were really nothing but mere thoughts. One of the many cases: Before the fashion show I was listening to the song I chose for the ‘runway’. The song kept on bringing images of lighting to my mind. Lightning on the horizon – constant lightning dancing to the rhythm of this song. I remember sharing this image with my mother. Two nights before the fashion show, on the 3rd of March, I was sitting on the red stoep steps on Amterdam plaas. And before me that image came to life. It was exactly like I imagined it. Strong, electrifying and rhythmical. And as the lightning bolts connected the horizon in front of me with the heavens above me, I could feel the Creator next to me saying I can have it all. He wants to make every dream come true - even if it is as small as a tiny thought that was born from a song. Even if it is big and the mere thought makes you shiver.

There is a catch though. We can only have our dreams come true if we are willing to dream through and with God. As soon as our lives align with His plan for us, he will make it all happen. As a little child I did not understand “ask and it shall be given unto you, seek and you will find”. I didn’t understand why I did not get everything I asked him for. Now I know that this verse it as true as ever, but it comes with the responsibility of not dreaming with your own mind, but dreaming, asking and seeking with a body, mind and soul devoted to God.

As I read through what I just wrote again, I realised that this is not actually a conclusion to the year, but rather a thank you letter. I am afraid of posting this and sounding religious – but God knows that that is not what I am. I am just really so thankful for the incredible privilege God has given me, and gives to all of us: To journey though life with the Creator of the universe walking right beside us, every step of the way.

Comments

  1. First, you need to divide the two tales into parts, elements, or features. You might start with a basic approach: looking at the beginning, middle, and end. More help with essays here http://au.essay-writing-place.com/.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment